Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I hate rest areas.....



Yesterday we returned from a quick vacation to Rhode Island for a small family reunion. It was a great time, and oh so nice to just relax. Harper slept wonderfully and Landon loved the pool and all of his family!

Along the way I learned/observed a few things that I will share with everyone:

1.) I strongly dislike rest areas. I don't really know why, but I will try to elaborate. I have a weird fear that my children will be abducted. I wore Harper in the baby born and Aaron carried Landon. The place we stopped at both way was directly on the Mass turnpike and it was full of tourists and families just like us, but still I always think there is some creepy lurker waiting to steal my kids. Also, we almost got hit by a car in the parking lot, which leads me to...

2.) Elderly drivers REALLY scare me. We parked the jeep and headed inside, looking both ways as we did. All of the sudden a car started pulling out as I am directly behind it! Aaron yelled to "watch out!" and quickly jumped out of the way so that I could too. Still the driver continued to back out, all the while staring forward!!!! I easily could have reached out and given the shiny Camery a kick or punch (I really should have!) Finally, the car stopped and we rounded to the passenger side, and found that the windows were both down, revealing an elderly couple who were both quite shocked. I yelled something about the rearview mirror and we moved on. (I should state that I am no saint on the road, but I ALWAYS look when backing up!) Seriously people!!! I see this a lot with older drivers. Why on earth would you look in the opposite direction that your car is going in?!?!?!? When driving down the road do you look out your back window and hope to God that there is nothing in your way? Then WTF would you do that while backing out. Simply stated: look where you're going!!

3.) I picked up a few "women's" magazines this weekend. I enjoy looking through them at the recipes and clothing and such, but really that's all they are. Woman in the US are defined by these few things: cooking/eating, clothing, and working out (According to the people who produce these magazines.) I enjoyed looking at the clothing, but honestly, I cannot afford a $239 Jersey dress or the $599 handbag. Let me know if you can ;)

4.) Snooki from the Jersey Shore sounds just like she looks-extremely annoying. We don't have cable at home, so I had never seen the actual show before, just gossip about it. I'm not missing anything....

**Warning**

Avert your eyes, here comes another offensive, eye gouging moment....


**I have to giggle, because when I googled this image the caption said, "MTV's Snooki, my newest and bestest style icon." Really?!?!?! For real?!?!?! Icon?!?!?!!? I hope that was a joke.

I think that sums it all up.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment