Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Me Time

I am currently in the middle of "Me Time."

I wish I could say it happens more, but frankly, it just doesn't. I would love to be out with friends getting a pedicure or grabbing a drink, but I am definitely happy with a few quiet hours after the kids are in bed. It's peaceful and it works. I can count the times I have left Harper alone, twice. Once with Aaron while his mother and I went to lunch (I thought of her just about every two seconds and sent about a dozen texts) And another when Landon had to go to the ER. She has never had an overnight, and right now I'm ok with that. I'm sure in a few months I will be offering her to anyone willing, but not right now.

So what exactly does "me time" include? Anything to do with the "internet machine" as Aaron calls it. How very 1950's of him. It is my escape, my home-away-from-home, but-still-at-home. Mostly stalking and *gasp* purchasing! My current addiction is blog stalking and of course, Facebook stalking. How else would I know what people are up to at any random moment of the day, or night in my case. I also post on some mommy friendly message boards.

I truly am addicted. I just got up to use the bathroom and took my blackberry with me to facebook on the way up the stairs. I check emails on my phone while pages load on my laptop. Hello. My name is Jenelle and I am an addict. Intervention NOW please!!!


I really should be doing laundry and dragging out the suitcase for our upcoming trip to Rhode Island this weekend, but that doesn't sound like fun!




Harper is now two months! I cannot believe how much she has grown!!

She her appointment today:
Birth Weight: 7lbs 15oz/ Current Weight: 10lbs 5oz
Birth Height: 19.75in/ Current Height: 24in

The pediatrician said that the she is average for weight, but at the top of the chart in height. Holy beanpole!!

Just to compare I pulled out Landon's baby book to see where he was at 2 months:
Birth Weight: 7lbs 6oz/ 2month Weight: 10lbs 9oz
Birth Height: 20.5in/ 2month Height: 23.5in

Here is a comparison pic of Landon as well:

No comments:

Post a Comment